The Y-Fi™ OPA is KMLabs’ vertically integrated, collinear optical parametric amplifier pumped by a Y-Fi™ HP. The class leading pulse duration of the 1035 nm centered Y-Fi™ HP results in both a stable, coherent white light seed source and an exceptionally high conversion efficiency into the short-wave (1250-1800 nm) and mid-wave (2.4 – 4.5 μm) infrared.
- Compressible in bulk media to < 50 fs pulse
- Market leading footprint: 40.6 x 30.3 x 11.6 cm (16 x 12 x 5.5″)
- Tunable repetition range 1-2 MHz
- > 15% conversion efficiency with up to >400 mW in the Signal and >100 mW in the Idler
- <1.5% shot-to-shot pulse energy deviation in Signal
- Excellent beam quality: M2 typically <1.4
- Intuitive control GUI including wavelength and pulse optimization
- Combination of clean (low pedestal) short pulses and high energy gives higher peak intensities for nonlinear processes
- High repetition rate UV from high harmonic generation: In a collaboration between NIST, JILA-University of Colorado, and KMLabs, Dan Hickstein et al. demonstrated high-harmonic generation up to the 13th harmonic of the output using a chirped, periodically poled lithium niobate (PPLN) waveguide, with conversion efficiency up to 10%. This work resulted in a 315nm source at 1 MHz repetition rate, showing promise as a source for probing the electronic structure of solid-state materials.
- Short-wave infrared (SWIR) supercontinuum generation
- Mid-wave infrared (MIR) supercontinuum generation
- Three and Four photon excitation fluorescence microscopy
- Pump probe experiments
- Tip-enhanced mid-wave infrared nanoscopy and nanospectroscopy
- Retina safe coherent Raman scattering (stimulated Raman scattering, coherent ant-Stokes Raman scattering, Impulsive stimulated Raman scattering, etc.)