KMLabs is the pioneer in introducing robust, engineered coherent EUV systems to the market. The eXtreme Ultraviolet Ultrafast Source (XUUS4™) is our 4th generation instrument that upconverts ultrafast laser pulses into the Extreme UV (EUV) or Soft X-Ray regions of the spectrum. Employing the process of high harmonic generation, the output beam is fully coherent and laser-like, with a wavelength that can be tuned from ~10 to 47 nm. Moreover, customized systems can generate coherent beams with wavelength as short as 2 nm. Applications metrology in support of EUV lithography, lensless nanoimaging, and pump-probe studies of magnetic, materials, molecular, and nanosystems dynamics, with time resolution as short as 20 attoseconds.
- Patented high harmonic conversion in a waveguide for optimum conversion, stability, and minimum gas usage. EUV flux can exceed > 5×1012 ph/sec, for the most demanding applications
- Ultrastable, 4-axis active stabilization of the beam, generating an EUV beam intensity and wavefront stability comparable to vis-IR lasers
- Repetition rate from 1 kHz to >100 kHz depending on drive laser
- Diagnostic cameras for performance monitoring and alignment control
- Graphical, intuitive software control
- Stable, industrial optical mounting on a temperature stabilized platform
- A growing family of beamline modules that make it easy to quickly set-up your experiment
- Design based upon many years of R&D and 4 generations of optimization
- User-selectable peak wavelength between 26 eV (47 nm) and >100 eV (10 nm)
- Highly coherent, wavefront-stable, laser-like EUV light
- Custom XUUS systems to generate soft X-rays to wavelengths ~2nm
- Waveguide design allows efficient use of high-pressure gas with minimum gas usage:
1000x less than a gas jet geometry and up to 100x greater efficiency
- XUUS output can be optimized for different applications: ARPES, imaging, transient absorption, MOKE, XMCD
KMLabs currently perfecting an x-ray microscope to provide both the research community and commercial clients with never before capabilities.