Red Dragon™-30W Ti:sapphire Laser Amplifier
The Red Dragon™ is the highest average power, shortest pulse, tabletop ultrafast Ti:sapphire laser system on the market, allowing real time software-controlled changes in the repetition rate, without optical realignment. Dragon™ series amplifier systems operate over a range of repetition rate ranges between 1 and 20kHz. Make sure you answer these questions before buying any ultrafast amplifier, and future-proof your system!
Red Dragon™ series amplifiers are available as CEP-ready or fully CEP-stabilized systems.
Harmonic conversion, OPA and EUV options are available for Red Dragon™ series amplifiers.
Shortest Amplified Pulses Available:
Red Dragon™: <25 fs or <30fs
The standard KMLabs Dragon™ uses multipass amplification to generate pulses that are below 25 fs in duration with up to 3mJ pulse energy, up to 30 W in average power. We also offer a simple inexpensive option to generate controllable pulse duration between sub-25 fs and sub-30 fs pulses.
Red Dragon™ 5 kHz through 10kHz
• 5mJ at 1kHz repetition rate
• 3mJ at 10kHz repetition rate
• Real time adjustment from 5-10kHz with no optical realignment
• Sub-25fs up to 50fs pulse duration: user-adjustable
Benefits of Cryogenic Cooling:
KMLabs uses compact He-gas cryo-cooling systems or liquid He cryorefrigerator systems. These are compact, fully-interlocked, and maintenance-free and can be configured to minimize vibration for demanding applications such as carrier envelope stabilization. Read more about the benefits of cryo-cooling.
• Patented cryogenic cooling of the Ti:sapphire crystal in a single-stage amplifier
is available exclusively through KMLabs.
• Vacuum cryo-cell that protects the crystal using a sealed, internal ion pump
that requires negligible user maintenance.
• Comprehensive, fully integrated system diagnostics make the Red Dragon™ a user-
friendly amplification system, providing reference data for real time assistance
with spatial, spectral and energy optimization. Multiple cameras make
alignment quick and simple. Extensive data logs allow remote observation of
system configuration for diagnostic assistance.
• Beam quality can be optimized in real time, ensuring highest efficiency OPA
performance. Greater then 40% conversion to signal + idler has been
• The Red Dragon™ is shipped with the customer’s preferred pulse duration: sub-25fs, or
• Comprehensive industry-leading software control using KMLabs DragonMaster
Red Dragon™ Options:
• Red Dragon™ amplifier systems are available as CEP-ready or fully CEP-stabilized systems.
KMLabs is the only vendor with a proven track record in delivering high power
• Motorization control of the stretcher and compressor.
• Enhanced nanosecond contrast.
• Ultra-low pulse-to-pulse jitter
• Second and third harmonic generation
• Broadband visible, IR and Mid-IR tuning using OPA/ DFG
• Repetition rate stabilization