Ultrafast Fiber Laser Engineer
About Us: KMLabs is the technology leader for high power, highest performance femtosecond laser systems, and the market definer for coherent EUV and x-ray sources.
What You Will Do: As the Ultrafast Fiber Laser Engineer you will spend the majority of your time building and orchestrating the production of ultrafast laser systems, with up to 20% of time supporting installation and field service of our laser systems. You will be an integral member of a highly accomplished team bringing the most advanced ultrafast laser technologies to the market.
Who You Are: You are experienced in building and orchestrating the production of fs-class fiber laser systems. You not only enjoy manufacturing but also working with customers. You want to get in at the ground floor with a company that is developing a broad portfolio of industrial and scientific products. You have a true passion for helping a company grow and being a key contributor to that growth.
- 3+ years hands-on experience building fs-class fiber laser systems in a production environment.
- Experience with engineering documentation, bill of materials, work instructions, and assembly process documentation for new products.
- Experience with design for manufacturing and design for cost.
- Experience in applications engineering.
- Customer relationship management and field installation/service experience.
- Experience with ultrafast laser diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with assembly, alignment, and troubleshooting of lasers and complicated optical setups.
- Knowledge of fiber laser technology, laser and optical design and modeling, optical components and materials from UV to IR, and optical metrology and measurement equipment.
- Familiarity with diffraction gratings, polarization optics, reflective optics, beam telescoping, and general laser principles.
- Excellent understanding of the interplay of structural, optical, and thermal design features on system performance.
- Ability to travel 20% of time to install and service fielded laser systems.
- Outstanding communication, technical writing, and time management skills.
- Project and team leadership.
- Ultrafast laser micromachining.
- Product manufacture and design in an ISO-compliant quality management system.
- Degree in optics, physics, or related engineering discipline; MS preferred.