JOB TITLE: Outside Sales Representative (Account Manager)
JOB LOCATION: US - Colorado – Boulder
We are looking for a high energy, ambitious Outside Sales Representative to aggressively pursue technology solutions provided by KMLabs Inc. Boulder’s team of experts.
What will you do? Working with customers, you will provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. You'll have responsibility to drive revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction within one or across a variety of markets for example science market, education and industry.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Develop direct sales and drive revenue growth domestically, while driving direct and reseller sales internationally
- Independently make decisions, utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory; must be able to travel for extended periods of time within territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; introduce new products and services
- Utilize tools e.g. CRM to effectively manage your accounts
- 2+ years of sales experience, selling instruments, microscopes, or metrology and inspection equipment to the university, research, industrial, semiconductor, biology and life sciences markets and communities
- Prefer laser sales experience
- Master’s degree or higher preferred with a technical focus in science or significant equivalent work experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- You have a strong desire to serve the customer and will act as a consultant to fulfill customer needs
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations in the USA or internationally
- Must be analytical and able to identify trends to drive profitability
Ideal Candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Passionate about growing market share and revenues
- Drive and stamina, with a roll-up-the sleeves mentality to make things happen
- Exceptional closer
- Demonstrates unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrates tenacity and confidence
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance
Benefits: We are proud to offer our full-time employees a benefits package that speaks for itself and sets us apart from our competition. 99% employer paid benefits options include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Matched Retirement Plan
- Competitive Base Pay with Incentivized Commission Plan
About the company
Company: Kapteyn-Murnane Laboratories LLC (KMLabs) was established in 1994 by Henry Kapteyn and Margaret Murnane to provide the first commercial laser capable of generating 10 fs (10-14 sec) pulses of light— the basic design developed then remains the foundation of our Griffin and Swift product lines—still state-of-the-art performance two decades later.
KMLabs has expanded steadily to become one of the most capable ultrafast laser companies on the planet. In 2002, KMLabs commercialized the first ultrafast ti:sapphire laser-amplifier systems employing cryogenic cooling—a technology again driven by the needs of research for high-power ultrafast lasers to generate coherent x-rays. This technology is now represented in our Dragon and Wyvern product lines. In 2009, KMLabs began supplying the systems and apparatus required for coherent up conversion of laser pulses to very short wavelengths using the high harmonic up conversion process. This has evolved into the XUUS product, which in essence realizes a 50-year goal in laser technology of making a practical, tabletop-scale x-ray laser. This development comes as the increasing demands of nanoelectronics and nanotechnology demand new tools for investigation, inspection, and metrology.
KMlabs now has the widest range of ultrafast lasers in the industry. KMLabs has made the majority of the very high-power >10W average power ultrafast lasers used in leading edge research labs today, and has a robust program of SBIR/STTR-funded research to develop new generations of ultrashort-pulse laser technology. A major thrust in recent years is to take ultrafast laser technology out of the lab and into the field for uses such as precision micromachining and materials characterization.
KMLabs now is moving from research into industrial applications, bringing with it an unmatched depth of experience in the many subtleties of ultrafast laser technology that can make the different between success and mediocrity in outcome.
KMLabs recently raised a $5.5M Series A equity funding round from Intel Capital and Colorado Impact Fund. For additional company information, please visit: www.KMLabs.com.
KMLabs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Please submit application, including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com, attention Malcolm Warrand.